Best Pod Espresso Machine
Are you looking for the best pod espresso machine you can get?
Do you want a hassle free, mess free device that produces delicious espressos at home with just the touch of a button?
Then this guide is right for you.
Below, you’ll find this free guide divided into three parts:
- Why a Pod Machine is a Great Investment
- Reviews of the Best Pod Espresso Machine
Why a Pod Machine is a Great Investment
Pod/Capsule espresso machines are rapidly becoming more popular with coffee lovers who want to enjoy a great tasting espresso, cappuccino or latte at home, without a lot of hassle.
That’s because these types of devices offer what other espresso maker’s do not – convenience.
You see, pod machines operate by using pre-ground, pre-measured packets of coffee, commonly referred to as “pods” or “capsules.” In order to brew a cup, all you have to do is insert a pod into the machine, touch a button and within seconds you’ll be enjoying a delicious drink.
What’s great about these pod espresso makers is that you get to skip the hassle of grinding your own beans and tamping them into a portafilter. This process takes time, can be messy and if the beans are not ground precisely at the same level, it will affect the final taste of the drink.
Also, it takes many home brewers months, if not years to craft a signature stamp on their espressos. Water pressure, temperature and other small nuances vastly affect the final outcome of each drink.
Brewing a great espresso with a semi-automatic machine takes a lot of work and patience!
With a pod machine, you don’t have to worry about any of that. You get a great tasting cup of espresso each and every time you push that button!
But, how do you go about getting the right pod machine? How do you sift through all of the different types in order to find the best one?
Well, that’s why this free guide was created – to help you find the best pod espresso machine that fits your particular needs.
So, let’s now move onto the reviews below so you can find the espresso maker that’s right for you.
Reviews of the Best Pod Espresso Machine
Our #1 Recommendation | De’Longhi America EN750MB Nespresso Lattissima Pro Machine
Customer Rating: 4.5 stars
Current Price: $499
For a pod machine, it doesn’t get any better than this.
This device is jam packed with so many great features it’s hard to know where to start. In fact, most home baristas consider this the Cadillac of espresso machines that use pod/capsule technology.
What’s great about this machine is that while it’s a De’Longhi brand machine, it uses Nespresso brand pods/capsules.
That means you get the high quality precision of a De’Longhi product along with the best flavored coffee packets. In fact, Nespresso offers 22 different coffee blends. When you take this number into consideration and add in the fact that this devices offers an infinite number of water-to-bean ratios, milk proportions and foam thicknesses, you’ll discover that this machine has endless flavor possibilities.
Another great feature of this machine is that is only takes 25 seconds to brew a cup of espresso. That’s amazingly fast!
What also sets this pod espresso machine apart from other competitors is its intuitive touch sensor display, milk froth texture adjustment knob and removable milk container with auto-clean function. This gives you the power of creating so many other types of drinks, such as cappuccinos, lattes, lungos, etc. at the touch of a button.
Other reasons why this De’Longhi America EN750MB is our top pick are:
- Brushed aluminum finish
- Outstanding 19-bar pump pressure for rich, frothy crema
- Takes only 25 seconds to heat up for espresso, plus an additional 15 seconds for milk
- Sensor touch display
- Milk froth texture adjustment knob
- Detachable milk container so you can store unused milk in the refrigerator for future use; also has an auto-clean function
- Choose among 6 pre-programmed drinks (ristretto, espresso, lungo, cappuccino, latte, hot milk and hot water function for tea and hot cocoa)
- Built-in storage for used pods/capsules
- Chrome plated cup support that adjusts for the height of the cup
#2 Best Choice | Nespresso CitiZ with Milk Frother
Customer Rating: 4.8 stars
Current Price: $299
(Note: If you don’t care about having a milk frother, you can get the standard Nespresso CitiZ for $160.)
This is another top contending pod device. With its sleek, modern design it looks great in any kitchen.
Packing a 19-bar pump pressure system it delivers some of the richest tasting espresso you can get out of a capsule.
It also contains an removable Aeroccino milk frother to create a multitude of different styles of coffee drinks. When not in use, you can store it in the refrigerator.
The water reservoir is outstanding for a machine this size. Holding 1-liter of water means you’ll hardly ever have to refill this device. An energy saving mode also shuts the machine off after 9 minutes of inactivity.
So, why did we rank it #2? For three reasons:
- The housing is cheaper quality that our #1 recommendation, however you can choose between black, red or titanium
- The Aeroccino milk frother only heats milk up to about 150 degrees, so mixed drinks are not as piping hot as you may like them to be
- It lacks a touch panel display
However, don’t let that stop you from considering the Nespresso CitiZ with Milk Frother. Some positive features include:
- 19-bar pump pressure for outstanding espresso crema
- 1-liter (34-ounces) removable water reservoir and drip tray for easy cleaning
- Fast preheating time; 25 seconds
- Used pod collector
- Programmable beverage quantity
- Aeroccino milk frother allows brewing of all types of drinks and is removable to store in refrigerator
- Pivoting cup tray accommodates tall recipe glasses
- Energy saving mode activates after 9 minutes of inactivity
#3 Top Pod Espresso Machine | Nespresso Pixie C60 Espresso Maker
Customer Rating: 4.5 stars
Current Price: $179
You may be wondering, why did another Nespresso product make it to the top 3 list? What’s the difference between this product and the CitiZ?
Well, these two pod espresso machines are actually very similar, but this device doesn’t include a milk frother.
If you see yourself as only enjoying straight espresso capsules with a dab of fresh milk, then this would be the best option for you. However, if you’d like the option to brew cappuccinos, lattes, etc. you’ll want the CitiZ with milk frother.
It’s important to point out that there’s a version of the Pixie C60 that does come with a milk frother, however it’s an external accessory to the machine. And, when you look at the total price, your at around $279. For the money, it’s a better value to get the CitiZ with milk frother.
Other key features that make this espresso machine stand out are:
- 19-bar pressure pump for maximum extraction of flavor
- Fully automatic brewing
- Two buttons allow you to select the shot size (1-ounce pour or 2- to 3-ounce pour)
- Used pods are ejected into an internal receptacle
- Drip tray can flip up to accommodate larger cup sizes
- Heats up in 25 to 30 seconds
- Programmable to brew for a specific duration based on your taste preference
- Comes in three stylish colors/styles: Electric Titan, Chrome, Indigo, Aluminum, Black and Red
We hope this guide was beneficial in helping you find the best pod espresso machine for your home. Each product does deliver amazing quality espresso drinks, but hopefully one device will fit your needs better than the others.